top of page

What documentation do I need to travel to the UK?

Maximum Classroom Size

17 students - we aim for an average of 15 students per class

LETTER OF CONSENT TO TRAVEL Every student travelling to the UK without their parents or guardian MUST carry the Letter of Consent to Travel (Parent Confirmation Letter), as well as an accepted form of photo travel I.D. e.g. Passport, Identity Card. This letter confirms that the named student is attending a Language in Action summer school and contains the telephone number for the Summer School. A template of this letter can be found and downloaded from our website:  Parents must sign this letter and students should carry it with their passport at the time when travelling. They may be asked to show it at immigration / passport control when entering the UK. Parents and guardians may also want to consider having this letter notarised (witnessed or signed by a solicitor) as recently the regulations have changed for children travelling from certain countries without their parent. In particular, this applies to children travelling from Italy or Spain who may not be able to board a flight without either a notarised letter or a letter from the local police (in Italy this is called the Dichiarazione Di Affido) Please check the appropriate airline policies of the airline carrier you are using.

How do I get from the airport to the centre?

You will be meet at Arrivals by a LiA member of staff and taken to your transfer, to then travel on to the LiA centre. You can book transfers separately with Language in Action. Our direct marketing advisors can arrange this with you. Simply go to the live chat on our website or send an email to

How long is the course?

Our courses are a minimum of 2 weeks and a maximum of 4 weeks during the summer.

Will I receive a certificate at the end of my course?

Yes, all students receive a Language in Action participation certificate at the end of their course.

Who will look after me during my stay?

You will be supervised by Language in Action leaders and members of staff. Every centre will have an Activity Manager who is also the Welfare officer who is trained in Safeguarding. At Language in Action we also have trained first aiders who will be onsite and on excursions. All members of staff will be checked for their suitability to work with young learners.

Where will I sleep during the course?

All of our summer centres are residential and have single ensuite bathrooms so you will be staying in your own room.

Do I need to bring my own towel?

We provide one towel per room. You will need to bring shampoo, toothpaste and any other toiletries.

How do I get to lessons?

You will be walked to your classrooms by LIA staff.

Is food included in the course?

Yes all students receive three meals a day as part of the course. You will be asked to complete a welfare and registration form which includes any details of any allergies you may have.

We will make sure that you are given an alternative if you are allergic to anything.

Is Wi-fi included?

Yes Wi-fi is available in the student residence. We ask that students do not access wifi during lessons on their phones unless instructed to by the teacher.

Can I attend the course if I am 18?

No. Our summer courses are designed for young learners and for individual unaccompanied students we accept students aged between 14 and 17 only.

Do I need insurance?

Yes. Any individual students coming to attend a LIA course will need adequate insurance. We also provide additional insurance as an extra safeguard which is included in the price.

Do I need to bring spending money?

Yes we recommend you bring enough money to cover extras such as snacks or souvenirs.

bottom of page